Friday, March 23, 2012

Dune Bashing at Jodhpur

I booked the tour by phone in the morning, and was picked up at around 11:30PM from my hotel that same day.  I thought a coaster or a coach will take me to the desert together with the other tourists before transferring to a 4x4, but no...  We were picked up by the very same 4x4, a Toyota Landcruiser, that we used for the dune bashing.  Basically, you hop on the SUV, drive past the city to the desert, and go straight to the adventure.

The SUV looked safe enough for us.  A roll bar/roll cage was installed inside the car to protect us passengers from getting squished in case the 4x4 rolls over.  If there was something in the car that scared us, it was the furry friends of our driver Aslam. My driver Aslam was fun.  We hit it off instantly as soon as we met him.  I heared him say "I love Mumbai" but when I asked him if he's been to the Mumbai, he said... "uhmmmmm NO. HAHAHAHAH. I was just lying!!!".

We went straight to the dunes and our driver started showing off his professional driving skillzzzz.  He maneuvered the car up and down the dunes calmly and effortlessly while we were shouting our hearts out as if we're being held hostage.  Aslam seemed to get some sort of satisfaction from hearing us scream, as he was laughing the whole time.  The drops are scarier than a roller coaster ride where everything is pre-calculated.  In dune bashing, one mistake from Aslam is all it takes.  Fortunately, we didn't get stuck in sand, and the SUV didn't roll over.  I am alive!  


We made a short stop in the middle of the desert to rest and take some photos and do the majestic camel ride and sand boarding.














4 comments:

Unknown said...

Could you tell me the provider of dune bashing at jodhpur and the cost?

Rina Millie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Blogs Very informative article. I've found your blog via Yahoo and I?m really glad about the information you provide in your posts. Thank You for sharing this very informative article... Regards
desert safari abu dhabi

Unknown said...

can you plz give the details of the dune bashing....hummingflowers@gmail.com.

thanks in advance