Monday, June 11, 2012

Cliff Hangers of Tikona


We all have monsoon treks on our wishlist as the season approaches and so did we. Just a week before the trek was planned... the trek was supposed to be a monsoon trek. The rain clouds seemed to forget that it was month of June and had no intentions of showing up, but I just hoped it did and to my amazement. Just a day or two before our trek it started and I was pretty delighted at that.

I had already started imaging the hide and seek of the bastions and fort walls among'st clouds, the fresh green on the slopes, the fragrance of the wet soil, the soiled clothes, the drops on the blades of the grass, the  drizzles, the gushing streams and I just couldn’t stand in the queue to book my the train ticket to Dadar, but I had to and we went through that ordeal.We were a group of around twenty five. We all intended to start early morning from Dadar as we had booked a bus for the day and hence gathered at Dadar railway station on Sunday morning at about 6:00.

The trek was fun. The skies blessed us with superb weather as the rain drizzled. The rain stopped before we reached the fort. Wow! The cool wild just made my heart screem, "I don't wanna go home. Let not the day end."  But as usual all good things must end. We left Tikona, bring you these beautiful memories of our trip. 

What I did miss was to walk through the thunder and watch the lightening spark for within.  Stay tuned is for my updates, this could be my next trek experience.
















































































No comments: